Sunday, March 2, 2014

Calm Down, Breath and Relax...

Source
On Saturday going to my massage appointment, I was on the interstate not for very long really maybe 15 minutes and as I approached my exit.  I saw a line of cars backed to the highway!   

I thought what on earth is going on down there?  Well as I sat frustrated and nothing to do I started looking for food something to chew on, something to take my mind of this frustration.....and I stopped and looked up and heard myself say "Sheri, calm down, breath and relax".  I took a deep breath in and exhaled out the need to eat was gone.  

I thanked the Lord for pulling me back to focus.  I believe all good things come from Him and that was good.  He taught me something there that I need to remember for the next time.

Over the last 6 weeks of my Made to Crave Online bible study, I found out when satan launches his attacks of sugar temptations.  It is when its not focused on something.  Seriously, that is when it happens just like sitting in the traffic on my way to my appointment.  

I cannot just sit and watch TV for more than an hour without this war starting in my head.  So, I have counteracted how to fight it, read.  Simple as that right, well yes and no.  


The Lord says there is always a way out in 1 Corinthians 10:23 "No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. “

If my way out is by reading, then I have to really get involved in my reading and folks sometimes after a long day at work I really don't want to read.  I am a computer programmer, so technically I am reading words all day.  I build programs with them for pete sake.   

I love all of Lysa Terkeurst books, so I bought on my Kindle her newer book "Unglued".  I will read this book in the evenings and see if that holds my attention.

Until next time....

Excerpts from The Motivational Girl are protected by copyright and used here by permission of The Motivational Girl, 2014.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely! God helped you focus again and you side stepped the temptation. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to get my replies to you, please click on the "subscribe by email". Thanks for leaving a comment!