Sunday, January 19, 2014

Finding My Source for Cravings




Today begins the Online Bible study with the ladies over at Proverbs 31.  I signed up to re-read the book "Made To Crave" by Lysa Terkeurst because my cravings are so severe.  I have to find an answer to why my craving is so strikingly potent at times.  

As I started re-reading Made To Crave, I started highlighting all the same thoughts and familiarities Lysa and I have when it comes to food.  Its amazing how much other women who have this same disease as I can relate to one another.  I imagine its like that with any addiction, such as alcohol, smoking and a lot more dangerous things out there.  

People shouldn't take it lightly when a person says they are addicted to food.  Just look around at all the diseases that can take form when a person is overweight and eats the wrong things.  Its not something to joke or laugh at!  You should want to support that person, to help that person get better and to know there is a way out of the nightmare.

I found the way out thanks to God and His guidance to #Nutrisystem and also to the strength of my inner being to get better!  I have been maintaining my weight loss for almost 5 years now.  Obviously, I still struggle or I wouldn't be re-reading this book the second year in a row.

Part of the first Chapter we have "Personal Reflections" at the end of the chapter.  Usually I skip over those, but I think I would like to try to answer these questions and to see if I uncover any knowledge about myself I do not already know.

My goal in life is to be happy and to be the best Christian I know how to be, but to achieve this I must learn what and why I have such dark thoughts on this drug called food.  I do believe Satan has a lot to do with it just like he did with Eve in the Garden of Eden.  


Genesis Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”
“You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it.
Think about it.....Until next time.......

Excerpts from The Motivational Girl are protected by copyright and used here by permission of The Motivational Girl, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to get my replies to you, please click on the "subscribe by email". Thanks for leaving a comment!