Monday, March 4, 2013

Self-Talk Make It Positive


"To increase your success with this program, skyrocket your self-talk and create a strong belief you can do this." ~ Linda Spangle 100 Days of Weightloss.

source

One thing I have learned over 4 1/2 years on my weight loss journey is the importance of PMA (Positive Mental Attitude).  

Surprisingly after losing my initial 52 pounds I struggled living inside the new me.  I didn't understand all the emotions that I was going through.  I felt I was still fat when the mirror said I was thin as well as others.  I went through these strange emotions that needed worked out, and to work it out is to get rid of the negative self-talk.

Linda Spangle teaches here to "become your own cheerleader."  She is right!  Once you lose your weight and you become the thin person it will be normal to others.  You will no longer get the praise and encouragement that you once got during your weight loss.  DON'T let that get you down!  

You didn't lose your weight for those people, ask yourself why did I lose my weight or why do I want to lose weight?

Write your answers down and put them up on your refrigerator, so when you do get discouraged you can review them. 

This journey makes you have to dig deep inside yourself.  You have to be willing to find the answers that will help you.  Let others who have done it inspire you.  Take notes, ask questions that is another thing about #Nutrisystem I love.  We have an arsenal of SUCCESSFUL losers in the Community no matter what stage you might be in there is someone always there to help.



Excerpts from The Motivational Girl are protected by copyright and used here by permission of The Motivational Girl, 2013.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sheri! Well, I really like the lifestyle I'm living while watching my weight much more than how I was living as an impulsive eater. I like that I consider what's best for me and that I have a long-term vision about my life. I like how people regard my opinion as having more strength, just because I have a body that looks more in control. I like how when I started food journaling, many other areas of my life got more organized along with it. So I'm finding these things to be much more exciting than stepping on the scale and seeing a low weight. And these things aren't going to go away during weight maintenance.

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm facing some huge goal-oriented challenges (not weight loss), which has caused some negative self talk to read its head. This goal of mine new territory for me, but I'm confident I can overcome the negative self talk and doubt. Yet I admit the intimidation is there. "Can I really do this?" kind of self-questioning. Currently working through it. Thanks for your post today! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an important post!!! Sheri - you are so right here! I have been at this so long & I still struggle with the negative self talk.. ongoing work in progress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this post of yours and it made me realise that I don't mind not getting comments or remarks on how good I look like or how much weight I have lost because I am happy to be the thin person. Happy to feel healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good post. I was feeling down yesterday. My mentor said to me "two years ago you gave a motivational talk I was not there to hear. Several people told me about it" - and I interrupted to say "I hoped they had good comments." My mentor chuckled a minute before replying "I'm not chuckling about their comments, I am chuckling over how you could think they wouldn't be good comments. Why do you go to the negative about yourself so much?" It was a gentle reminder to pause when I get dark and give myself a larger circle of light.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just want to add that I agree that this neg talk is a bad idea. What I can't understand is bloggers who claim they know this are still doing it-IN PRINT! I get that they may do it in their head or in the real world, but when they do it in their comments or on their blog I can only conclude they do not recognize that they are doing it, or they want to do it!

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to get my replies to you, please click on the "subscribe by email". Thanks for leaving a comment!