Monday, March 11, 2013

Fuel or Filler?



“Don't ask your body to run on junk” Linda Spangler 100 Days to Weight-loss

Source

Have you ever gone on a long trip and forgot to fill up your car with fuel along the way? Have you left your gas cards, cash or credit card at home knowing you'll need one of them to fuel the tank? I doubt it. Why do you think you plan and organize your trip before your trip? Because you want to be prepared, and not run out of gas and be stuck somewhere right?

Well Linda Spangle teaches this same thing here in Day 12 Fuel or Filler chapter, but for our bodies. We should plan ahead for all things including lunches out, flying on an airplane, going to work etc.

I take with me every day to work a Fuel source snack to eat at 10AM. It doesn't matter if I am in a meeting or at my desk, usually by 10AM my body is feeling hungry and its time to put some fuel in it. My snack is based off Nutrisystem stats that I learned during the program. It must contain over 4g of Protein and the calorie range is 80 – 120 calories. They also teach to eat a afternoon snack as well, some days I do not eat it because I am just not hungry.

Here are a few snack goodies I eat, I do not go beyond them usually. What works for me might not work for you.
Kashi Trail Mix bar has 10 calories higher than Nutrisystem 120, but I am okay with it because it works for me.

By eating fuel foods every day, has allowed me to keep my weight off and its also leveled out my blood sugar! I have heard numerous times from my Endocrinologist that he wished all his diabetic patients were as committed as I was to their health.

I guess they haven't lost the ability of their feet like I have yet, or what it feels like to live with chronic constipation because of the Autonomic Neuropathy, which by eating right I have overcome that obstacle as well (on most days).

Most people wait until disease strikes before getting committed to themselves. I sure wish I wouldn't have waited.



Excerpts from The Motivational Girl are protected by copyright and used here by permission of The Motivational Girl, 2013.

3 comments:

  1. SO true......have to take the time to fill up our bodies with the right fuel for the job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So THE TRUTH Sheri!!!! You have committed now so be proud - I know you are proud! :) I see people out & about & it is obvious that diabetes is taking over their limbs - so sad!!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to get my replies to you, please click on the "subscribe by email". Thanks for leaving a comment!