Monday, February 18, 2013

Journaling


"Just because you think about a food doesn't mean you have to eat it." ~Linda Spangle 100 Days to Weight Loss

Source of image
That line has stuck with me for so many years! Every time I would reach for a food that was unplanned and I wasn't hungry or it was to eat it just because I felt like it; I repeated that line to myself. Sometimes it would actually work and I wouldn't eat the food "just because it was there", but other times I would shush away that inner voice and eat it because it was there.

This chapter is about writing your thoughts and foods into a journal daily. I have never been a writer kind of gal, but I love to blog. I love sharing my personal experiences with others and I love reading back on my experiences.

So I guess I do write in a notebook so to speak, but not literally. It doesn't magically take away my cravings or make every thing great, but it is nice to reflect on and learn from later.

Do you blog or journal?


Excerpts from The Motivational Girl are protected by copyright and used here by permission of The Motivational Girl, 2013.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sheri! Just last year I got accepting of the idea that I should be hungry during different times of the day. I did come to that conclusion when I was food journaling. Specifically, I was feeling too lazy to eat because I didn't want to food journal what I ate. At some point, I realized that it wasn't so bad to feel hungry. :D

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you know I blog but I don't journal. Years & years ago I did keep track of my food but now I have a pretty good feel of it since I don't change a lot....

    And honestly Sheri, I do think about food a lot but does not mean I eat it.. love that quote! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I virtual-journal. Right inside my head. And my journal tells me I was too greedy this past weekend. Thankfully, I no longer let guilt smack me over stuff like this. The guilt used to terrible. But now I just shrug it off and move on....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course I write online.

    I have journaled. I have two folders:

    1) Present shock / future growth

    2) Notes on life

    Sometimes I'm afraid to look back...

    ReplyDelete
  5. No journal for me! I used to journal back in the day but now I am a writer that the last thing I want to do is write about my life - LOL! Maybe a book one day!

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to get my replies to you, please click on the "subscribe by email". Thanks for leaving a comment!