Monday, February 4, 2013

Do It Anyways


"I don't feel like exercising today" ~ Linda Spangle 100 Days of Weight Loss
Source

If you remember my last blog "interested or committed", this blog is a continuation of it really. Linda talks today in Day 3 about "do it anyways". If you don't feel like being committed today, don't give yourself an out! Follow your plan and just do it!

What happens if you give yourself an out? You remember it for next time and the one after that right? It becomes more like your interested in losing weight and getting healthy instead of really being committed.

I listed a few things I have done in the past and present showing my commitment. I did it anyways regardless of how I felt.
  • It was freezing outside . I still got my running outfit on and gym shoes and ran in the snow.
  • My feet hurt, I did it anyways.
  • I wanted to eat that homemade Reese's PB & Chocolate Chip cookie at work, but didn't.
  • I didn't care that others were eating all the chocolate desserts, I did not.
If you aren't careful, you can easily slide back from being committed to being just interested.

I have no intentions on doing so, I am committed to my health and maintenance for years to come!

Yes, it will continue to be a struggle, yes I will wish I could still eat what I want when I want, but in reality its not worth being fat again.

Will I slip up, CHECK done that. Will I gain some weight again, CHECK done that too, but ask me will that keep me down and defeated....NOT! I will persevere just as I have done the last 4 years!


Excerpts from The Motivational Girl are protected by copyright and used here by permission of The Motivational Girl, 2013.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sheri! Sounds like my thoughts for food. We always have a bunch of treats in our house, but we always have a choice.

    Spring is coming soon, and we need to look cute in our spring dresses, skirts, and shorts. I've really been trying to focus on how the shorts and pencil skirts will look. It's easier for us girls to say no to desserts that way. :D

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to all of this.. keep moving forward no matter what. Honestly Sheri after all my years at this, I still wish I could eat what I want but it is not life for me so I made a new life & I am living with that & making the best of it. :)

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always have an out. I just figure I'll use it tomorrow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have learned that no matter how much I "don't wanna" work out, I will feel much worse if I skip my workout. The trick is to remember that before I've hit the snooze button 5 times!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my mom's advice. "Do what you can and can the rest." Some days just starting is the biggest struggle. Good work!

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to get my replies to you, please click on the "subscribe by email". Thanks for leaving a comment!