Monday, February 11, 2013

Boundaries



"If you're like most people, when you're on a diet, you try hard to follow it perfectly" ~Linda Spangle 100 Days to Weight Loss

source location

I love this chapter of hers where she describes boundaries. #Nutrisystem provides us with a plan a.k.a boundaries. They lay it out and they say to follow it and if you follow it you lose weight. Simple right?

It isn't simple, on a regular basis we have counter foods or candy isles to walk by and to decide "are we staying within our boundaries or not today?" Instead of saying diet, start saying boundaries. When I use to say diet and I cheated, I then would have to battle against my inner fat self. She would always say "well since you already went off your diet you can now eat whatever you want the rest of the day". WRONG! Not the right answer!

The right answer is "well you chose to eat that cookie, now skip dessert tonight." Just keep to your plan or (boundaries) the rest of the day and get out of the diet mentality.

I am getting better with this actually. I am really trying to say its okay now, your on maintenance. Give yourself flexibility, breathe and enjoy the decisions you make instead of feeling guilty about them.   


Excerpts from The Motivational Girl are protected by copyright and used here by permission of The Motivational Girl, 2013.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Sheri! It takes a long time to establish good decision making. I've gotten to the point where if I have eaten all of my calories by 3:00 p.m. in the afternoon, guess what, no more food for the day (I don't have diabetic food requirements). It doesn't seem to bother me, hunger-wise, because it feels like a fair rule for myself. *Nobody* should take a small or big treat as a go-ahead for a free-for-all eating day.

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Marion ~ Love hearing everyone's boundaries and what works for them. That would be mighty hard for me mentally to stop eating after 3PM! I am glad you have found what works for you though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are exactly right! You have to set your own plan boundaries and find what gets you to your destination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think for me this is why diets never worked...i couldn't actually follow something 100% because life happens. Luckily small changes over time create a new lifestyle and that has worked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. definitely have boundaries when it comes to eating.

    Then there are areas where I need to push the envelope of life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy you you are finding what works for you Sheri - that is what it is all about!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this and you with this book is absolutely right. One need to set boundaries for yourself with eating and training :)

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to get my replies to you, please click on the "subscribe by email". Thanks for leaving a comment!