Monday, January 14, 2013

Day 1 ~ I use to be that way


Maybe you sneak an extra candy bar or a bowl of ice cream at the end of a bad day. Then you reason that since you've already blown it, you can go ahead and eat more.” ~ Linda Spangle 100 Days of Weightloss

Source
Your past does not determine your future is what Linda Spangle says on Day 1 of her 100 Days toWeightloss book. Is she right? Yes! I don't know how many times I failed on “diets” before including #Nutrisystem. I was on #Nutrisystem after getting out of high school (LONG time ago). I lost 22 pounds and was so happy, but I gained it right back.  Not this time!

Its been 4 years since I lost my weight, I have had to make lots of changes to what I am doing during that time to be successful. It will not miraculously stay off, you have to change your thinking.

Linda teaches here to say these words to yourself “I used to be that way, but now I'm different.” Yes, I am different and I know I can overcome my cravings and desires to eat the sugary treats, but I am going to do it differently than I ever thought before. I am going to look to God for my strength!

I have a list of scriptures that I have put into my iPhone Notes app where its accessible anytime I need it. The other day at work more Chocolates came into the office from a Vendor and my first reaction is to go right to it and to pick up one of those delicious treats, but I didn't. I turned around went back to my desk, opened the Notes app and read my scriptures. POOF! No more desire or craving to eat those chocolates. So yes, I used to be that way, but now I AM different.

How about you? How are you different?






Excerpts from The Motivational Girl are protected by copyright and used here by permission of The Motivational Girl, 2013.

6 comments:

  1. I like this one, I am glad I don't have those cravings in mind all of the time. Keep being positive and think of happy constructive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sheri! Yes, one day a person can just change! I remember certain change dates for me, and there was nothing very huge behind them. They were just days like any other where I had a different mindset and did different actions that got better results than the past.

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, most people are no smarter today than they were yesterday. If you are an exception to that, than good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always keep finding what works for you Sheri!!! I have been listening to my bod for years & have had to make many changes over that time & so many more with the age stuff... WE CAN DO IT!!! I still have cravings but I have developed strategies that work for me & you are doing the same! :) CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I changed browsers and it worked. Weird huh? This is a great post Sheri!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is sooo important. Often we adopt unhealthy "identities" that hold us back.

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to get my replies to you, please click on the "subscribe by email". Thanks for leaving a comment!