Monday, December 24, 2012

Motivation Mondays ~ I Am Back




I've decided its time to start blogging again, but this time its going to be about my journey on Maintenance the ups AND downs. Yes, it was before, but I started worrying about hurting of feelings or watching what I say and you know what I'm not going to worry about that now. If you feel like you don't like what I am saying or how I believe or just don't get inspired by what your reading then just unsubscribe now.

As you know back in July of this year 2012 I went back to what works #Nutrisystem to lose the weight that I had gained over my 4 years of maintenance. I just love this plan! It provides me with what I need a tool to lose weight, a tool to learn from and a tool to share my stresses of what I go through daily as a addict of food at the NS Community.

I love the food, especially the breakfasts its my favorite time of day. LOL! I know crazy, but it is. I started at 191.8 once I hit my maintenance goal of 178 I started the Dinner On Your Own program. Where you still get breakfasts, lunch and desserts from #Nutrisystem. I didn't feel like going off those entree's just yet, so I will keep on this until then.

I am weighing in my lower maintenance range of 171-173 and I love it! I feel confident, positive and very proud of myself. I still have this one nagging problem and that is binge eating. I am working on this daily I started reading again the book “100 Days of Weight Loss” by Linda Spangle and I also started the book “Made to Crave” by Lysa TerKeurst. I LOVE this book! I never ever in my wildest dreams thought God would be my best ally through losing weight and fighting the demon that plagues me called Food. Yet after starting this book I was so WRONG!

What I plan on doing is blogging about what I learn on this journey this time around. I hope it helps you in some way. It might not be your answers, but it might just help you.

Weight loss is just the beginning friends, if you struggle losing and every time you start a new diet and fall off the wagon and want to know how others have done it successfully. Then you've come to the right place. Majority of people do not like what I have to say because that means it takes work on their behalf to accomplish their goals. Sorry folks, but its true! There is no magic pill, or exercise to lose weight. Comes right down to your heart, your desire to lose and to know WHY you want too.

Here are a list of things I learned the second time around on #Nutrisystem. Perhaps it will help you in some way.

Second Time on NS
What Did I Learn

  1. Sticking to 1250 calories or less causes weight loss.
  2. Low glycemic food helps keep my diabetes under control.
  3. Stop using salt on my food this helps with bloat and daily weight fluctuations.
  4. Start weighing every day helped me understand more about how my body handles certain foods or events and I can see lower numbers when they come around.
  5. Drinking over 64 oz of water daily. Getting into the habit of taking 12 oz to work morning and lunch instead of coffee.
  6. No longer drinking cream in my coffee; only black.
  7. Keep Sugar Free Werther's Originals with me daily no more than 5 a day.
  8. Drink a lot of decaf coffee in the evenings when in need of snacking.
  9. Don't eat more than is allowed on NS plan.
  10. Stopped walking every day, less mileage weekly. Seemed to help calm my cravings down.
  11. Blood pressure started dropping had to cut my medication in half under doctors orders.
  12. Non-starch vegetables eat as much as you want. Be creative, try to snack on them if possible.
  13. Don't be afraid of new vegetables. Experiment.
  14. Getting involved with the Forum and Blogs helped keep me focused; helped me to learn some things from others like (weighing daily, give up salt) and its therapy for me.
  15. Being 100% honest with myself, don't lie or try to cover up the truth.
  16. Eat slowly and enjoy every bite of my food.
  17. Always combined non-starch vegetables with my dinner and lunch to fill me up.



Excerpts from The Motivational Girl are protected by copyright and used here by permission of The Motivational Girl, 2012, 2013.

6 comments:

  1. Sheri - as I always say, we have to find what works for us & it does not matter if it does not work for another. It is about you & that is who matters! So happy for you!!! We have different philosophies on life & religion & that is what makes the world go round. Does not mean we can't be friends & help one another! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    Yeah - it works!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are doing well and have learned useful things that you can pass on to others on this voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you are back to blogging and back to sharing all your knowledge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to see that you are blogging again. I have missed you and your posts so much. Here's to the new blogging adventure you're beginning again :)

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to get my replies to you, please click on the "subscribe by email". Thanks for leaving a comment!