Friday, August 31, 2012

What I Am Up To Lately




Its been a long while since I posted anything, so let me tell you what I've been doing. As you last heard I was stopping all processed foods, eating clean the best that I could and not using Splenda anymore. Well that's changed because it wasn't working for me. I had put on 12 pounds over the last 2 years!

My weight went up to my original goal that I set before losing it I always called that my drop dead weight. I never wanted to pass it, but I did.

Needless to say, I knew I was in trouble. I was in a size 10, then had to buy size 12's and they were getting to tight. I had all the warning signs flashing everywhere I looked. I would catch a glimpse of my arms in the mirror and see how they were getting bigger and would see it in my stomach. I was sick and I couldn't believe I was letting this happen. I tried so hard at eating the “right” things.

I knew what I had to do, I had to go back to what worked for me! Can we say Nutrisystem?? That is right it is everything the blogging community screams “no” to. Sorry! Its about me not you. ;)

I ordered my auto-shipment back in July and have been on it for 36 days to date and today is August 31, 2012. I have lost 8.8 pounds and am back in my size 10's without them bursting out the seams! I feel great! I want to jump buildings, leap to the highest one I can find and shout over the rooftops!

Less fat, less calories and portion control equals weight loss! If you have the ability to keep control over your eating by having nuts, seeds, cheese, real sugar than go for it. Just isn't for me.

I am walking up to 20 miles a week and am really seeing huge differences in my leg structure not to mention how fast I can walk. My fastest walk was my longest running pace. So all is good on this end, this is what maintenance is all about okay. 

When you see the warning signs, and you ignore them only bad things will happen. So don't ignore those signs okay, get back to basic to what helped you lose weight to begin with and don't feel discouraged because you had to go back. Be proud of yourself in knowing you are taking care of yourself and stopping it before it gets out of control. That is what maintenance is after all.   


Excerpts from The Motivational Girl are protected by copyright and used here by permission of The Motivational Girl, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to get my replies to you, please click on the "subscribe by email". Thanks for leaving a comment!