Monday, March 5, 2012

Keep Going No Matter What!

Have you ever wanted to give up on your goals?  I know I have and sometimes its on a regular basis.  I will have to admit lately I have struggled with my maintenance not knowing the best foods for my body.  I have found since removing the sugars from my diet the higher fat foods put weight on me even though their the good fats, but I don't intend on giving up!

I have written about my husband before and how he is a Ultra Marathoner who runs 50K's (32 miles).  He's suffered over and over with his body with certain ailments and continues to study and research the parts of the body that cause him the problems and then he dedicatedly works and works on those muscles.  I am not talking about a few weeks, I am talking months of dedication daily!!  He never gives up.

A few weekends ago he ran in a race called "Lovin the Hills" I can't go into specific elevation here, but were talking thousands of feet they had to climb in the Kentucky area.


This was one of the pictures they got of my husband running in the beautiful hills of Kentucky.  I was so proud of him (not sure why because he's proved that is just who he is) never gives up.

It was bitterly cold, 18 degrees with a wind chill in the single digits.  I made it in that cold 40 minutes and about froze, but my hubby a lot longer.

So I wanted to dedicate today's post to him and to everyone else out there who strives everyday to be their best.  Don't give up!

Here's his finishing time and place:


50K - 75 Finishers
11th *********** 5:47:05

Excerpts from The Motivational Girl are protected by copyright and used here by permission of The Motivational Girl, 2012.

16 comments:

  1. Wortmann MarcelleMarch 5, 2012 at 1:33 AM

    Awesome post! Well done to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your husband sure is an inspiration to all. Very well done to him and it is so cool how you are dedicated this to him. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are lucky to have such an inspiration right next to you. 

    As for thinking about giving up on goals, it never happens to me. - I don't think about it, I just do it. It is amazing how much time one can spend planning out goals but when it comes to quitting, it is an instant act, like flipping a switch. 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Ewa! I am very lucky!

    I love what you say about not thinking about it and goal setting. Sometimes I feel I put to much thought into every aspect of my eating and exercise can set myself up for failure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jody - Fit at 54March 5, 2012 at 8:51 AM

    You are amazing Sheri with all you have to fight thru to just exercise so I am sure your hubby is more than proud of you & all you have accomplished!!! He is amazing too but so are you!

    Yes, never give up. It is tough & I do understand. I am going thru another one of my age related body wants to fight me things so I will have to play round & adjust the food again. We just need to keep fighting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jody - Fit at 54March 5, 2012 at 8:54 AM

    OK, this ate my last comment but will try again! ;-)

    I was saying that you have fought hard to get where you are thru all the issues you have so your hubby is very proud of you, I am sure of that! 

    Got to have that never give up attitude! I am going thru another one of those age related body fights me so more food adjusting coming up to try to attack it! ;-) We just have to keep fighting it the best we can!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Jody!!!! It's continual struggle!


    ~Sheri
    •iPhone•

    ReplyDelete
  8. Odd it came through twice.


    ~Sheri
    •iPhone•

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sheri, your posts never fail to inspire me. Why? Because of your positively. You never give up or quit, no matter what you face, and you convey that message so well in a way that really touches my heart and keeps encouraged. You are one my FAVORITE bloggers! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I try hard to stay motivated to keep the weight off and get in more exercise. Reading blogs of successful people has helped me a lot and you have certainly been successful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh Josie you have no idea how much I needed to hear these words! Thank you so much and I might add I am extremely honored to be on that list of yours because you are on mine as well!

    ~Sheri
    •iPhone•

    ReplyDelete
  12. It takes so much hard work, but it is do able! Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's great if your husband knows what he is doing. I've seen how destructive  ultra-marathons can be, It's not a question of fitness as that kind of distance isn't about fitness. I think of it like climbing a mountain because it is there and one can. I ran 35 miles once :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done Dr. J! I agree, but he must do what is best for him there's no telling him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like this post message--a lot!!!! I think that message is probably the most important one ever, because when we are confused or down, we aren't really doing as badly as it feels/seems.

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are absolutely right Marion! And thank you!

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to get my replies to you, please click on the "subscribe by email". Thanks for leaving a comment!