Monday, February 6, 2012

Sharing Your Journey With Others

Picture Credit

One of the things that has helped me be a successful weight loser and in keeping it off is writing out my goals and sharing it with other people.

I've spoken a few times about my girlfriends on Group and I have spoken about the Nutrisystem forum that helped me through the weight loss.

It was an intricate part of my journey and still is … why do you think that is? My thoughts are because these people are in the same boat as myself trying to lose or trying to maintain. If you surround yourself by those people you become more motivated, smarter about food and learn a lot about yourself . You can even strike a close friendship, I did with Kris on Nutrisystem and we talk everyday!

I have grown so much in the last 6 months its amazing. I am eating all natural foods and am cooking on a regular basis just because of learning so many things from others. If I didn't spend hours on the weekends blogging and reading I have no idea where I'd be right now. I can't imagine doing this alone and succeeding. I suppose there is a good chance in succeeding on your own, but I have to think there's less of a chance of it.

When I write out my goals or my plans to my Group it gives me strength, it gives me motivation to stick to it because it gives me accountability for myself and if I don't stick to it I know they will hold me accountable and they should!

If you know someone who is trying to lose weight or is struggling with their health, pass them on to my blog or someone else maybe that is all they need to know there are others out there surviving the weight obesity epidemic.


Excerpts from The Motivational Girl are protected by copyright and used here by permission of The Motivational Girl, 2012.

9 comments:

  1. I feel the same way as you - it's great how sharing your journey, can make you succeed in it. And how one can form friendships as well. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post Sheri & yes, sharing & knowing others are there for us & also going thru the same thing is a huge help plus we can help each other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. www.myskinnyjeansdreams.comFebruary 6, 2012 at 12:47 PM

    I swear by this thought process! Surrounding yourself with like minded people is the best way to succeed. I have also had great weight loss success and I attribute much of that to my new found friends through my journey! I wish you all the success in the world !!!

    Krystle
    www.myskinnyjeansdreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen@waistingtimeblogFebruary 6, 2012 at 2:03 PM

    I agree - support from others makes it easier:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that if it works for you, that's great!!

    As for me, I do health and fitness like the "loneliness of the long distance runner." You see that way, I do not depend on anyone else to get it done, so for me, it always gets done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your philosophy a lot.


    ~Sheri
    •iPhone•

    ReplyDelete
  7. You continue to be a wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah,,,thank you Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It helps to be around like minded people if you awant to lose weight or maintain fitness. I believe my running and cycling interests have been extremely important in my motivation to continue a healthy life style!

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to get my replies to you, please click on the "subscribe by email". Thanks for leaving a comment!