Monday, November 28, 2011

Now What?

Does there ever become a time when you say now what? I have achieved so much the last few years in my journey in which I am so thankful.

But what about now? What is my goal? I know that I will never turn back to the old Sheri the one that ate all the time and didn't care about what she put in her body. Nor will I ever stop exercising and fighting my disease Diabetes.

So now what? Well I will tell you that I will keep fighting the good fight. I will continue to weight and measure my food. I will continue to buy healthy foods rather than unhealthy. I will continue to drive home from lunch every day to make my lunch verses giving an excuse to eat out and choose poorly. I will continue to come home at night and change then leave again to go to the gym to run on the treadmill regardless of how tired I am. Its a beautiful thing there is no questioning what I am going to do, I just do it.

So you see, I made my goal and its a part of my life now. I can eat freely out or at my Mom's for the Holiday's and not worry or fret about it any more because I am where I want to be.

If you think for a second that this is an impossible place to be you are wrong. It is possible, I did it and many other blogger friends of mine have done it. It isn't easy, nor is it a quick fix! It takes a lot of time, determination, strength, knowledge and patients.
Excerpts from The Motivational Girl are protected by copyright and used here by permission of The Motivational Girl, 2011.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Sheri! I have a new blogger friend who was diagnosed as pre-diabetic. So I am going to recommend your blog to her. <3

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this post, Sheri. I love how you say that this journey is possible for everyone but that it will be hard and it will take a lot of patience, which is absolutely true. Wonderful post.
    I'm glad that you are happy where you are now. I am too :)
    It is wonderful to know that there is no questioning what you are going to do - that is call Weight loss routine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, encouraging post! You look like a completely different person!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is it Sheri! Keep moving forward & fighting the good fight for sure! You may find things a long the way you want to try or compete in - I did BUT even when I did not compete, there was never a stand still moment. Maintenance is hard - harder than people think it is.... the older you get, the harder it is. Going to write a post on this soon!

    GO SHERI!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm struck by your choice of wording - fighting the good fight. I'd love to someday not have to "fight" but to have it all just be what I do without thought. I know now that I will have to always stay on track with my eating and be aware, but I sure would like it to be second nature.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree that the key is to not question and just do it. That's how I am with my running. Do it every day because it's good for you and makes you feel good!

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to get my replies to you, please click on the "subscribe by email". Thanks for leaving a comment!