Monday, October 17, 2011

No More Fretting!

The New Me..
Enjoying my first bite of real pizza in 3 years!

There was a time when I would eat whatever I wanted when I wanted and held no accountability for it. I also never thought of food as a treat or for pleasure because I always ate what I wanted.

Well since losing my weight and learning to keep it off by eating right and exercising on a regular basis I can now say I can enjoy food the way it should be enjoyed rather than obsessing over it.

I am sitting in the Atlanta airport with my girlfriend waiting on our flight back home. We went to the beautiful beaches of Destin, Florida for 8 days.
Condo where we stayed
It was so wonderful, we have gone together 3 times now and this was definitely the best one yet. We stayed on the beach where her apartment is located and it was just breath taking.

She had asked that I teach her how to eat the right way while we were together. I tried my best, but it was my vacation and I went off my usual strictness. I wanted to enjoy restaurants of Destin while we were in Florida and not to be so strict and to allow myself some food indulgences.
Enjoying the dock and parks
We ate out once a day except for the day I ran outside and tripped on the side walk and skidded down the cement. That was the worst day, but it didn't get either of us down.
Couple days after falling
I felt liberated to know I can eat freely, and not past judgement on myself. I knew I would not go back to the old Sheri eating patterns, I would hop right back on my strict eating plan when I got home, so why fret?

I remember not long ago when I use to say food was my enemy, but now I recant that statement. Food is my friend as long as I respect it and know just how far I can go before it causing me a problem with my diabetes and weight.

...More on my injury in a future post because I am not healed yet.
 


Excerpts from The Motivational Girl are protected by copyright and used here by permission of The Motivational Girl, 2011.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Sheri! I think that if pizza slice is designated as a "treat" for special holidays like it was here, then you're always going to be okay with it. You look great in the picture, but those kinds of scrapes hurt! I hope you heal up soon! <3

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those wounds look nasty. Here's hoping you heal well soon!

    Jane~

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI! You look amazing in that pic!!!! And love that you are the master of yourself! You have it right! OUCH on the injuries! I hope you are healing ok!!!!

    HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! I'm looking and hoping and striving for a similar freedom:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My skinny friend, YOU LOOK SO GOOD, SO HOT...I am so proud of what you have done in your life...you are truly an inspiration to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch! You're right, food is not the enemy, but it is hard to find that balance. Sounds like you are heading in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A nasty fall! It's great that you've learnt how to respect food. It's what you do most of the time that makes the difference. Regular exercise and thoughtful food choices! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look wonderful! It's so nice to get to that point isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it where you say that in the past you have never considered food as a treat or for pleasure because you always ate what you wanted. This is so true. I also realise that now that you have mentioned it. Food was never a treat for me when I was obese because I ate whatever I wanted. Now, food are a treat because I only have them when I am allowing myself treats and now that is a pleasure and not a jail like it felt like when I was obese :)
    You came so far, Sheri. You should be proud of yourself. You look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to get my replies to you, please click on the "subscribe by email". Thanks for leaving a comment!