Monday, October 31, 2011

The Longer You Wait

“The longer you wait to decide what you want to do, the more time you're wasting. It is up to you to want something so badly that passion shows through in your actions. Your actions, not your words, will do the shouting for you.” ~Derek Jeter

Like most folks we want so bad to lose weight and when we start a eating plan we find ourselves giving into our desires to eat. I have lost all my weight that I wanted and for the past 2 ½ years have kept the weight off. I go up then I go down. I am asked a lot how do you do it? My answer is “I had the desire to live a healthy life instead of being sick.”

The difference this time for me then all those before was I put action behind that desire. I made a decision to join Nutrisystem because I knew it would lead me down the path I wanted. Once I lost the weight I had to put that desire I had of losing the weight into keeping it off into action.


Once you feel that spark in your heart to eat healthier and to exercise, its hard to put out. The key is don't let outside influences like your husband, wife, kids or co-workers influence you. Not to say they would do it on purpose, but they do not understand what your going through. A good friend of mine from Group said “this is your journey”. She is so right, and YOU and only you can control the outcome.

Weight loss is long term and there will be times you eat things you wished you did not, but guess what that is okay as long as you get back on track the next day. I know I've done it countless times, but all in all I've kept my weight off. I am living my dream and so can you!

Once you believe in yourself and clear your mind of any defeatist attitudes, anything is possible...including losing weight.
 


Excerpts from The Motivational Girl are protected by copyright and used here by permission of The Motivational Girl, 2011.

Pictures Source:  dreams

7 comments:

  1. It's what you do most of the time! I exercise every day and as a result I make food choices most of the time that helps me maintain where I want to be physically and ultimately emotionally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post with a inspiring message. Don't wait - just embrace it and conquer it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could not have said it better. Bravo! This is such a true post and written in such a great way that everyone will understand, why losing weight is so important. What one can do when you put your mind to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the first quote, I love the Eleanor one & always have & I love this post. It is so true Sheri! And yes, this is a long term journey because maintenance can be just as hard if not harder than losing! You have done such a wonderful job at getting & staying healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sheri! You have *SUCH* great attitude! I love it! That's a big reason why your journey is successful.

    A huge part of my journey is being enthusiastic and joyous for others. There really is *nothing* much joyous about eating a lot, but I've had so much fun and happiness finding out how well *you* are doing. Yay for you!--always! <3

    And I love being a person who many people can't wait to tell about their new victory. I love doing my own goals, but I also adore being the cheerleader.

    I'm so blessed to be in the midst of people making their dreams come true! What could be better than that!

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the wonderful things my dad taught me is that the time will pass regardless of what you are doing. He said this about things like how far of a drive it was to go do something. Us kids would say "but dad, it's 2 HOURS away!!" and he would say "Well, those 2 hours will pass whether you are sitting in a car to get there or sitting on the couch watching the 'boob-tube' for 2 hours". I think about this all the time, especially when I hear myself complaining about how long it's going to tak to 'get in shape' or 'lose 10 pounds'...

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to get my replies to you, please click on the "subscribe by email". Thanks for leaving a comment!