Monday, October 3, 2011

17 Day Diet - The Follow Up

Well I promised a follow up post on my 17 Day Diet, so here it is. I loved Cycle 1 it taught me a lot about my body and how it reacts to foods.


I learned that too much of sugar of any kind natural or fake is bad. As well as, sugar makes me fat. I was in a size 12 pant when I started which was starting to feel uncomfortable. Afterwards, I am in my size 10 pants not tight, just right. I lost fat, I know I did I see it in my abs, face and chest. I lost a total of 5.5 pounds over the course of 17 days.

What I really wanted to do is to start Cycle 2, which implemented more carbohydrates such as (whole oats, barley, couscous, sweet potatoes, lentils) as well as (red meats, shrimp, clams) etc.

The way it works is the first day on Cycle 2 is eating these newly added foods (2 servings). Then the next day you go back on Cycle 1 eating plan and alternate until you reach 17 days.  However, I started it twice and failed, so I decided to hold off a bit until after my vacation to Florida the first part of October.

I recommend this diet for anyone including those on maintenance like myself if you want to jump back in control of your eating. Its very healthy and all natural.
 


Excerpts from The Motivational Girl are protected by copyright and used here by permission of The Motivational Girl, 2011.

7 comments:

  1. Great review. Sounds like you had great success! What a great feeling when you start to see results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sheri! It sounds like you're doing good. I have that book on my floor by my bed right now, so I do intend to read it, based upon your recommendation. <3

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheri, really happy this is working for you! Some people need a plan that is laid out for them & this is doing just what you want it too! :-) Hope you are having/had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your review on this eating plan...I love it and it sure works...am so happy you decided to try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting; thanks for sharing. I wondered what you meant about trying it twice and failing. How did you fail? By going of the plan?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for telling us about it. It's so important to find something that you can do and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a sweet tooth and I admit I like sweets a lot. However, I tried to minimize eating sweets for reason that the stored glucose then transforms itself into fat and that extra fat obviously causes weight gain.

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to get my replies to you, please click on the "subscribe by email". Thanks for leaving a comment!