Monday, August 1, 2011

No Negativity!

Stress Less Weigh Less ~ Chapter 1
Amazon
One thing I never thought before is being stressed can cause weight gain. It can do many hurtful things to our bodies, but I never imagined gaining weight from it.
I read the first Chapter of Holly's book and was amazed all the things that she brought out. There's no way I can recount all that she said, you'll have to buy the book for that one.

What stood out to me in this chapter was where she said “negative thinking breeds negative thinking”. You see Holly was wrapped up in negative thoughts, she was depressed and severely fatigued before finding these keys. She concentrated on the negative and I do the same! Granted some days are better than others, but majority of the time I am a negative thinker.
My cubicle wall at work

I have a sign in my cubicle wall at work that says “No Negativity” with a smiley face on it. It helps, when I start to stress out I see that sign and it reminds me to concentrate on the positive.

My anger at work has diminished a lot since putting that sign up. Its just not worth getting upset over. Now if I could just do that about myself.

Holly suggests listing the positives that are in our life and when we start to go into negative thinking we should get it out and read it. I would think it would help us get out of that downward spiral “woe is me” attitude that we are in at the moment.

The last thing that I really liked was her statement: “I learned that the key to a stress free life is self discipline. Particularly self discipline of our thoughts. That is the foundation.”

Your homework for the week is to write out a list of positive things in your life and focus on them every day. Put them up on the fridge, or mirror in the bathroom. Take a copy to work and hang it on your cubicle wall. Start thinking more positive and see how you feel.

The next chapter is focusing on how to breath to relax. Should be interesting if I can walk away with one thing and stick with it will be amazing.

Excerpts from The Motivational Girl are protected by copyright and used here by permission of The Motivational Girl, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to get my replies to you, please click on the "subscribe by email". Thanks for leaving a comment!