Saturday, July 9, 2011

Gone Are The Days Of Short Creep

Weighing in at 255
It wasn't that long ago when I was constantly pulling my shorts down every few seconds. I hated that so bad, my thighs were so fat all my shorts creep up. Know what I am talking about?

I would always avoid wearing tight shorts for one it doesn't look good on a heavy frame and two because they'd always creep up and I'd have to pull them back down. Sometimes I'd rip them I did it so much.  I really despised shorts, I never understood why people liked them. Until now....

Today I decided to take a morning run since it was Saturday and the temperatures were cool. I wasn't planning on it since I ran last night 4.38 miles. Then I remembered what my new friend Syl wrote in her Running post the other day. “I never really followed any training routine, I never walked between running, I just ran. When I felt like I couldn’t run anymore, I came home and tried for a bit more the next day.“ She inspired me to run whenever I want too and it doesn't have to be a long run. Just run to run!

After Run ready to lift!
I decided I would wear my New Balance shorts this morning because I am sick of the two skorts I wear each time.  I hesitated at first because these are the creep up kind easily.   I suited up in them and then put on my tank top was ready to go.

When I got out on the road, I put my music on and felt great. As I was running I noticed my shorts weren't creeping up!!  They were staying in place!  I couldn't believe it!   I felt stellar and it gave me more energy to keep running as fast as I could go. 

Before the run
So, that's my story, no more short creep for me and let me tell you something I never want it back! I am going to work hard for the rest of my life to keep my weight off.


Excerpts from The Motivational Girl are protected by copyright and used here by permission of The Motivational Girl, 2011.