|Me in April 2011 ~ First Dress|
Nutrisystem had what they called a “Daily Dose” and I love and miss it! It was written by some brilliant writers that help you continue in your weight loss journey. My post was in regards to a question they posed “What does weight loss mean to you?”
Here were my answers at the time dated February 6, 2010.
1) Live longer
2) Better control of my Diabetes
3) Smile more
4) Less Chronic pain
5) Feel my body for the first time
6) Exercise Exercise Exercise
7) To be able to have time with my husband in outdoor activities like bike riding.
8) To have a desire to live life happier and healthier
9) To be a good example to others
10) To help support others efforts in weight loss
11) To prove to myself I could do it.
12) To be able to go up and down the stairs without being out of breath
13) To be able to put on skinny pants and smile.
As I reflect these statements nothing on there has changed except its given me a renewal of purpose in my journey. I've decided its time to try to lose the 6 pounds I've gained over the course of 2 years. I was going to start Nutrisystem again, I actually tried this weekend, but I just can't take eating their food so many times a day. I love the breakfasts and snacks, so I will add those to my diet.
The freedom that comes from maintenance has its risks of gaining weight. I love to be able to eat a Vitatop twice a day if I want, or to be able to eat a few pretzels here or there.; hence the problem.
When your on a “plan” you stick to that plan until your done, and you reap the rewards of that plan by losing weight. Then your back to the mind games of maintenance again. Its truly a endless circle, but one thing to keep in mind is to succeed in maintenance is to make the right choices and to hop back on the plan that got you there when you see your moving up in weight.
What does weight loss mean to you?
Excerpts from The Motivational Girl are protected by copyright and used here by permission of The Motivational Girl, 2011.