Sunday, April 3, 2011

Never Give Up On Yourself


Sometimes I feel lost like I never lost 60 pounds. I forget what it took to get me there and start thinking I'm resilient that I won't gain my weight back. On the other hand, I think I am fat and the only way to know for sure is to try on my clothes and look in the mirror.


I weighed Saturday morning and was pleased to see I lost the 3 pounds I “so called” gained the week before which helped remind me where I stand. Today I went shopping at Elders for a pair of shoes, but didn't find anything. However, I saw a few shirts that were really cute , so I grabbed a large and said to myself “lets go see if you've gained.” To my pleasant surprise I have not and can still fit into a large and smile at the person in the mirror. I didn't try the medium because this was a fitted shirt why take the chance to scar myself right? 
 
Why do you think our mind plays so much havoc on us? Do men go through this do you think? I'd love to hear back from some of the men in the audience.

The bottom line is I need to take it easy on myself. I need to keep the fear that I have of gaining weight and reverting back to the sick Sheri because if I don't the chances of going backwards are high.


Keep focused, keep true to yourself the worst thing you can do is to lie to yourself when you know in reality your eating way to much. This will always be my battle in life as well as Diabetes. Perhaps my body one day will not care that I am skinny and revert back to the chronic pain that once existed. I sure hope not, but if it does I cannot give up ever!


Excerpts from The Motivational Girl are protected by copyright and used here by permission of The Motivational Girl, 2011.

7 comments:

  1. Including my contest weight lost, I have lost close to 40 lbs since I began my journey. I pretty much have a show-ready body and am all prepared to step on a stage and be critiqued by a panel of judges and audience.

    And you know what? Most days, in my mind, I forget I have the body I do and still think of myself as a bigger girl. When people call me petite I think they are talking about someone else. I think this struggle comes with the general territory of weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way sometimes. I try on clothes and am surprised they fit when I should not be still so that way. I agree that you should never ever give up!!!! Keep going :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I think its normal to think we've gained and want to test our clothing...holding out breath cause if they too tight..what are we going to do....diet again!!

    I will always fear gaining it all back as I grew up seeing my mom gain and lose huge amounts of weight....and today she is still over weight...I dont want to be there....so I will continue fighting this battle the way I know how...
    I looked at my diary and see a year ago I was this weight I am today...so that was a good sign for me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get it Sheri - I still see that fat girl in the mirror sometimes. We are our own worst enemy! But I always go back to how far I have come, how much I have accomplished & know I don't want to go back.

    Strong is the new skinny! My Fila contest motto! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello hello!! Thank you for your comments on my blog :) BTW -- men definitely experience this. If you look at my blog, I've posted some pictures of my husband...and *he* has "fat days" and calls himself fat sometimes.

    To answer your questions :) the specific lifting routine I do can be found here: http://squatlikealady.blogspot.com/p/how-i-train.html BUT that is a 5-day split focusing mainly on muscle hypertrophy (which, it must be noted, is a FANTASTIC way to lose fat). I'd recommend you buy the book "New Rules of Lifting For Women" -- it teaches everything you need to know about lifting, cardio, and nutrition. You can buy it used on eBay or Amazon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I worry a little bit every day when I start to zip up my pants -- will they be snug?? My husband doesn't have issues with this, but he's a very pragmatic person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Money Statement: Keep focused, keep true to yourself the worst thing you can do is to lie to yourself when you know in reality your eating way to much.

    Yes, men do let our mind play havoc along our journey. We just don't realize it at times because we tend to let a macho thought blur reality. I use clothes as well as the scale to validate that I am making progress. I have some in my closet I am trying to fit into now. Soon, I hope.

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to get my replies to you, please click on the "subscribe by email". Thanks for leaving a comment!