Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What? Christmas is Over!


Today at work there was another bake sale for donations which would go to one of our sick families of the company. I totally support this and I realize that fruits and vegetables probably would not sell much. So, in comes the brownies, chocolate chip cookies, homemade M&M pretzel deserts..ACK!

This morning while looking at all this food, I started slamming myself and putting myself down because I knew I was going to fail today. I can't turn up brownies! (so I thought)

Well, a nice surprise happened. I was hungry, I drank my water and ate my yogurt for my morning snack. Came home for lunch and made 4oz. Chicken diced, cauliflower, spinach and pinto beans with a Dark Chocolate Vitatop for desert.


I went back to work had some meetings and cut up an apple and never touched the bake sale table! I wasn't tempted nor was I hungry, of course; that never stopped me before until today!

Now, I can look back on this day and say you made it last time you can make it again. Plus, I need to apologize to myself “I'm sorry Sheri, I misjudged you and I didn't have faith in your abilities to stay strong, I was wrong.”

What did you do today or recently that you were surprised in yourself?

16 comments:

  1. I am right there with you! Yesterday I couldn't say no to anything and today was the complete opposite! I stayed on track and was satisfied, happy and felt good all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You continue to have successes from the CVS pharmacy to the bake sale. Your strength is inspiring!

    My husband decided not to go to the gym today. In the past I would use this as an excuse to skip my workout too. Not only did I go to the gym today I did an extra 10 minutes of cardio (50 minutes on the stairmaster). I felt so good afterwords. I am trying not to make anymore excuses. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, thank you for stopping by and your words of support. Thank you so much.
    Second, wow you did well. You had more will power then you imagined, yeah for you!!!
    Third, going to the gym 4 times a week, no matter the time, 5 in the morning or 6 at night, I'm going. That is something that has been surprising me.
    Take care and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheri, that is great. Great for you that you have been such a strong person to withstand the treats. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Auntie Mandy WOOHOO!!!! Great job Mandy! Having a positive day after a downer day sure helps getting back to where we need to be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Rachael Thank you my friend!

    I use to do the same thing with my husband! Great job on making this YOUR way of life. Keep it up and it will become a part of you for good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Julie Hi Julie! Your very welcome and I will be seeing you again!

    Your determination to workout 4 times this week is great! That attitude will become second nature for you as time goes by. Great NSV!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sheri, you go lady!!!! YOU ARE STRONG!!!! Every day we are presented with "opportunities" to push us off our plan for healthy eating - it is up to us to make the right choice for ourselves! Nothing wrong with donating to the cause but not eating the sweets! CONGRATS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Jody - Fit at 53 Thank you so much Jody for your positive words! It does boost my confidence for the next time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you! My recent surprise has been exercising for at least 90 minutes a day for the last week or so. Wish my eating was going as well:(

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would write this date down (2/16) and remind yourself whenever you see those numbers what a victory you had on that date. I have various special days and when I see those number come up on the clock or the TV or the odometer I think of that date and what it meant to me. You would be amazed how many times I see 917 or 1025 come up - and those are two of the dates that remind me I can succeed one day at a time.

    Jane~
    Keepingthepoundsoff.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Karen Wow Karen 90 minutes a day! That is awesome! I wouldn't be surprised if soon you decide eating that extra food isn't worth it. Since I started running I have noticed I choose better than before because I expend so much energy and pain to get through the run its not worth it. You'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Jane CartelliThat is nice you can remember those special days Jane! You probably have nice little surprises throughout the day. I have a terrible memory, I'd be lucky to remember I made it through the bake sale. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great apology. And I like your comment about fruits and vegetables not selling well. Way to stay away. You are worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @~ Darla ~ Thanks! Some days its so much easier than others, wish that wasn't the case.

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to get my replies to you, please click on the "subscribe by email". Thanks for leaving a comment!