Thursday, January 6, 2011

The "New" Resolutionists

As we all know and have been there numerous times in our lives we start out with the desire and determination to start a new “diet” either on a Monday or January 1st.

Well, the other night when I went to the gym it was packed with all the new Resolutionists because I’ve been there I am excited for these people. A new beginning starts a new life and all the expectations to go with it. However, the other part of me is saying “I want my gym back”. Sorry, I just can’t stand crowds especially at the gym since we are so limited in space and equipment.

I wish each and every one of you Resolutionist well and hope you will find the answer to keep going in your new life. I am here to tell you, it IS so worth it!

  • I love being able to go into any misses’ department store and grab a medium shirt or size 10 pant and   know its going to fit. 
  • I love being able to look at myself in the mirror and be happy with what is staring back at me. 
  •  I love being able to see definition in parts of my arms where there was only fat once before!
Do not give up just because it is harder than what you thought. Yes, it is hard, and it will never stop being hard.

I’ve been doing this for almost 2 years now in February and not one day goes by where I think, does it ever get any easier?? The answer is no!

You have to dig deep, you have to know what you want and you have to dig through the pain of physical and mental anguish at times.

Just read my story “A Poison called Diabetes” and you will see just how much improvement my health has changed my life.

Share your thoughts on encouraging the new Resolutionists that might get to read this blog!

2 comments:

  1. This is a great message and hopefully someone will read it and be inspired to keep going instead of giving up on those resolutions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely post! I commend you for reaching out and supporting the newcomers in the gym. I hope they stay and stick it out too. But tonight, when my gym buddy and I couldn't even get ellipticals, treadmills, OR bikes side by side, I kind of look forward to February when it starts to clear out a bit.

    That said, I obviously wish them all the best too!!

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to get my replies to you, please click on the "subscribe by email". Thanks for leaving a comment!