Monday, December 20, 2010

My Inspiration

The last 10 years, I have been dreaming of running again.  I never was a runner, but I tried.  I weighed 255 pounds so that was hard!  Once the Diabetes Neuropathy started I had to quit and I gave up on any future of running. 

What I want to express to you is this, don't ever give up!  I never in my wildest dreams believed I would ever be running again in my life time!!

My husband has always been an inspiration to me. He has always taken good care of his body and is a die hard runner. I always wanted to share that love of the run with him. I honestly believe that I have that in my grasp now.

He had surgery on his foot to remove a Neuroma a few years ago in which caused other problems. He's suffered with a complete tare of his Plantar and had to take off for quite awhile. It wasn't until he found these shoes called Hoka One One that gave him the ability to run again. 

When I saw how much they helped him, I said "I wonder if they'd help my Neuropathy"?  Well they have!  They take all the brunt of my weight in those thick soles so I can run without pain in my feet.

I'm so happy today, even with back pain I was able shave 3 minutes off my time tonight since Saturday.  I'm running/walking a 5K in 38.33 minutes!  My Mom once said "Sheri I envision you running with the breeze blowing in your hair one day" and I never believed it was possible.  Well Mom I'm doing it!!  

Thanks be to God leading me down the path to lose my weight, which then allowed me to get my Diabetes under control before losing my feet all together.

~The Motivational Girl~

9 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that I found your blog. You really are an inspiration to many and I am happy that you are able to walk/run again. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @blackhuff Thank you so much and thank you for sharing my story with your viewers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 mins off is awesome! I'm glad running makes you happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am so glad you did - you truly are an inspiration!! I look forward to reading more from you!!

    much love, jen

    jeninreallife@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. @redhead75 Thanks so much! I would have never thought it possible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @jen (@jeninRL) Thank you Jen! I look forward to read more from you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got to check out those shoes! I am having probs with the balls of my feet due to age...

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wanted to let you know that via an interview with @truth2beingfit on Ann Brennan's website I found your posts about the Hokas. They were one of the reasons I took the plunge and purchased the shoe. I am thinking I am in the midst of an epiphany. Thank you for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to get my replies to you, please click on the "subscribe by email". Thanks for leaving a comment!