Sunday, November 28, 2010

Mirror Mirror on the Wall

Before losing my weight, I use to know what I looked like and accepted it even though I hated it.  Now, however, I can look in the mirror one minute and think "cool, I am thin" then the next minute I'm lost back in the mind of a fat girl.

Today
Has this ever happened to you?  What have you done to help eliminate these thoughts?  Something that helps me is taking pictures of myself working out.  I am always shocked at how buff I really look and trim because that is not the Sheri I see in my mind.

It always is a blessed thing to hear others compliments like my brother at Thanksgiving said "your so skinny now if you turn I can't see you".  I was so delighted to hear this, I thanked him and told him how much I love him.  However, that never convinces me of anything until I visually see myself in a mirror.
Few Weeks Ago

Here are a few pics I took at the gym while riding the bike, I advise trying it out you might be surprised at what you see looking back at you.

~The Motivational Girl~

2 comments:

  1. You do look thin! Looks like you are working hard! YES!

    Like you, I often see in the mirror things others do not.. I doubt I will ever get over this. Yes, sometimes I like what I see & other times I still see that fat girl from way back when & other times I see a person to muscular.. craziness! I think it comes with the territory! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jody!! I appreciate your words!

    It is craziness how one minute we are content and happy with ourselves and the next doubting and sometimes miserable.

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to get my replies to you, please click on the "subscribe by email". Thanks for leaving a comment!