Sunday, November 21, 2010

Know What You Are Consuming


Yesterday while I was in Target I got one of my Starbuck Latte's “Skinny Cinnamon Dolce” its delicious and its 190 calories for a tall. I've mentioned before that its important to choose your calories wisely, but make sure you treat yourself once in a while. As I was in there waiting for this delicious cup of coffee a mother and daughter were in front of me.

The daughter was probably 12 years old tops and the mother was overweight. She ordered herself one of those Pumpkin Spice Latte that come out at Thanksgiving time and also bought her daughter one plus a scone. I thought to myself, wow that poor child is going to struggle with her weight too. Here the mother probably thought she was showing “love” and “nurture” to her daughter by buying over 500 calories of sweet goodness for her daughter, but in reality she's hurting her.

What we don't know can kill us people. Don't go around with your blinders on and think if I just eat this or drink that it won't hurt because calories add up! What this mother didn't know is how many calories are in 1 of those drinks or scones. Would she care? Probably not, we don't usually care until it becomes dangerous, and we develop Diabetes, High Blood Pressure and Chronic Pain the list goes on you name it.

As I got into my car I took a sip of my “delicious” latte and it was not made right. It was disgusting! I was upset about it, but what the new Sheri does is think before taking another sip “do I really want to consume these calories when I am not enjoying it?” The answer was “no, I don't!” So I threw out the latte when I got home and felt good about my choice.


~The Motivational Girl~

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to get my replies to you, please click on the "subscribe by email". Thanks for leaving a comment!