Saturday, March 27, 2010

Choices


Have you ever stopped to think about the choices you make every day?

“Should I go shopping today?”
“Should I go to dinner tonight with a friend?”
“Should I buy a dog?”
“Should I get married?”
“Should I take this job?”

We think about so many things that can be virtually life changing or very basic mundane questions that really don't mean a thing.

Why do you think we don't ask ourselves “should I eat this size of a meal” or “should I really be eating these fries”? I'll tell you why, because we have given up on ourselves when it comes to weight loss. We think that its hopeless and that we can't do anything about it so why not just eat.

I know because I've been there, I felt completely hopeless in July 2008. I knew if I didn't make a choice in doing something about my weight, I'd be back up to 255 in no time and as a Diabetic that is a no no. It should be a “no no” regardless of having a chronic illness because if you don't get that weight under control you will eventually get something life threatening.

For every good choice you make in eating the right thing, pat yourself on the back and remember it! Because every day we are faced with making the right choice, and it gets easier and easier the more you do it.

So many times while I'm out I'll have an urge to go to Dorothy Lane Market and get a yummy deli made Chicken salad, but then I think I could really save a lot of calories if I just went home to eat a salad with Chicken pieces on it and Fat Free Ranch Dressing. I'm so happy with myself after I make the right choice and it becomes easier!

Remember what you focus on now is what your going to work on now. Don't dwell on the past, don't feel sorry for yourself make the right choice and put YOU first!

“It's not what's happening to you now or what has happened in your past that determines who you become. Rather, it's your decisions about what to focus on, what things mean to you, and what you're going to do about them that will determine your ultimate destiny.” Anthony Robbins quotes (American adviser to leaders)

~The Motivational Girl~

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to get my replies to you, please click on the "subscribe by email". Thanks for leaving a comment!