Sunday, June 6, 2010

Your Mind Is A Powerful Tool

How many times have you heard “if you put your mind to something, you can do it?” I've heard it so much, in fact, I ignored it for a long time. Now that I have achieved my weight loss goals and I'm keeping it off, I am a true believer in this statement. So many times in my life I wished I was the other person running or the other person so thin, but now I am that person. Okay, okay, I can't run because of my neuropathy in my feet, but you get my drift.

My husband is a runner; someone who loves it more than I could ever imagine. He hurt himself a few years back. It first started with his knee, and then he developed a Neuroma in his foot. He was in terrible pain, and tried everything. He even had surgery to remove the Neuroma. The pain continued, but this time it moved to another part of his foot, his heel. He had to wear Crocs around the house and even wear this horrid boot on his foot so he could walk. The doctors kept telling him, "There isn't anything there. We can't help you." Why do I tell you this? Because after all that, he never gave up his dream for running.

He worked and worked on different stretching techniques and taping his foot for the longest time. He did special training runs, but sometimes he had to stop because the pain was too great. He would get so mad that this was happening to him, because it interfered with his running. Yet he made his mind up he wouldn't give it up. He would continue to run no matter what, he would keep trying.

On Saturday, June 5th, he ran another Ultra Marathon (32 miles) this time without quitting, without pain, and came in 3rd place. So, whatever you do, don't give up your dreams of being thin, or being fit and healthy, because we are ALL capable of being that tough mentally to get through whatever obstacle we have to face in this lifetime.


~The Motivational Girl~


Dedicated to my husband:
“Thank you honey for always being there to support me during the worst and the best of me. You truly are my gift from God.” ~Sheri

2 comments:

  1. What a great post! Would you choose one of your favorites and come link up at my Motivation Monday linky? It's a new one and I'd appreciate any help getting it going - thanks!

    http://kellysluckyyou.com/2011/01/motivation-monday-linky/

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kelly's Lucky You Thanks Kelly! I appreciate your words very much and the invite!

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to get my replies to you, please click on the "subscribe by email". Thanks for leaving a comment!