Monday, May 17, 2010

Retraining Your Thinking


What does retraining your thinking have to do with weight loss? Everything! The biggest problem with diets and quick weight loss is you don't change your thinking.

To lose weight and to be successful in keeping it off, you have to train yourself in accepting new foods, exercise and drinking a lot of water. These are three things I had to learn and accept during my weight loss, but I was ready for it. I wanted to lose weight so badly, that I was willing to try all three with open arms!

Most people don't have a critical reason to lose weight like I did, which made it easier for me, but I believe it’s harder for them to stay the course. Don't get me wrong, this is tough for me, very tough, but I have my life to lose if I don't keep my weight off. I have nothing to look forward too if I gain my weight back, not to mention what it does to my husband or family to see me in pain or so sick because my sugar is too high. Sorry, just not the life that I want to go back to any time soon.

Look at your life and think about what you could gain by losing your weight. Would it be worth the sacrifice of not eating that Quarter Pounder with Cheese and Coke again? Who says you can't enjoy food when you’re thin? I do; I'm just smarter about what and how much I eat now.


~The Motivational Girl~

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to get my replies to you, please click on the "subscribe by email". Thanks for leaving a comment!