Saturday, April 10, 2010

Salt & Pepper


I never really thought of salt and pepper before as a helpful tool for weight loss. However, now I do think of it that way.

I never cared about what seasoning did for my food before losing my weight. I never cared what the food tasted like unless it was the healthy kind and that was blah tasting and needed a lot of butter. High Carbohydrate food, such as, potato chips, corn chips, fast food restaurants made me happy and didn't need any seasoning whatsoever. Food was never about what it “really” tasted like, it was about how much I could eat of it.

The other day I was making my Edamame (Soy Beans Shelled) for my before dinner snack and I put salt and pepper on it for seasoning and its delicious! I thought to myself how much my thought process has changed. First of all, I would have NEVER eaten Edamame for a snack to carry over for dinner. Second, I would have NEVER used salt and pepper for my seasoning. It would have been a glob of butter mixed in.

One thing you can count on in this new world of Maintenance is that you will see a change in your mind and how it thinks about food. All for the better!

Take time and salute the salt and pepper and use it rather than the dripping, greasy, fattening butter and really taste the food your eating. It truly is delicious this way and I'm so thankful I can appreciate it rather than eating so much of it I don't truly taste it.

~The Motivational Girl~

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to get my replies to you, please click on the "subscribe by email". Thanks for leaving a comment!