Friday, April 2, 2010

Positive Reinforcements

I've been maintaining my 60 pound weight loss for 14 months and one thing I have to do is to keep it fresh. I have learned that if I don't see continual “improvements” in myself I get bored and we all know where boredom leads...over eating.

I ask myself how on earth can you get bored now being skinny?? Well, for me during my weight loss I had positive comments throughout, such as, “you look great!”, “how much weight have you lost”, “you don't need to lose anymore” etc. I always got a positive boost to keep going from those comments and not to mention what a positive reinforcement it had been too. However, when you get to your goal and those comments go away, you have to come up with your own reinforcements. Here are a few I've found that really help me.



  • Shopping! When I go shopping it reinforces how happy I am with myself. I get energy and a positive attitude to keep going.



  • Changing my hair style to the unimaginable. Yes, I've never had red hair before never could have the confidence in believing I could pull it off, but now can and I love it!



  • Continue to do all the basics. I log my food every day on the DailyPlate, weigh my food with the scale and measure it all out before eating.



  • Drink all my water. Yes, I still drink all my water to the point I have my iPhone set with a reminder to go off at 10AM and 2PM every day.



  • Exercise 4 – 6 times a week. Exercise keeps toning that flab that is left from all that weight coming off. I see muscles now and definition the more time goes by and let me tell you something, that makes me happy and positive!


  • Maintenance is for life my friends, it reminds me of a marriage relationship...it takes work, commitment and a lot of attention! If you don't give your weight management the attention it needs, you'll see those pounds start coming back on quicker than you expected. After all the hard work you've done to get it off, you don't want that to happen.

    So keep it at the forefront of your mind, keep researching, reading motivating articles and continue to be around others who understand your frustrations and happiness! I'm here for you, but I'm also here for myself. ;)

    ~The Motivational Girl~

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    If you'd like to get my replies to you, please click on the "subscribe by email". Thanks for leaving a comment!