Saturday, March 27, 2010

Stop & Listen

Have you ever felt like screaming at the top of your lungs at yourself? I have when I am out of control with my eating and can't seem to stop the binging! Did you find that it helped? No, me neither. I just kept eating more and more throughout the night.

So many times I'd go to the kitchen and grab a handful of pretzels and say to myself “this is all I'm going to eat now” and then not 5 minutes after I am done eating them I find myself in the kitchen again! It was an endless cycle, usually on my third time going to the kitchen I'd want to stop, but I couldn't. I never trained myself how to listen.

So, today we are going to teach ourselves how to stop the binging. Start listening to the good inner voice the one that tells you to stop, the one that tells you that your full and you aren't really hungry. Stop ignoring it! We've become so accustomed to just ignoring it all through the years we are oblivious to whom it is really talking to and that is YOU.

Listen for the warning sounds, first usually comes the doubt “I shouldn't be eating this”, then the next sign is when you hear “I am not even hungry”. As soon as you hear these two things being spoken to you by your good inner voice STOP and listen. By doing this over and over again, you start building up a consciousness toward the positive self-talk. It will be the dominant voice you listen to in the end and it will be the one that helps you get out of the tough circumstances you find yourself.

~The Motivational Girl~

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to get my replies to you, please click on the "subscribe by email". Thanks for leaving a comment!