Friday, March 26, 2010

Plateaus

Have you ever been in a plateau? One after another and 2 or 3 weeks go by and that scale has not gone down yet? How frustrated do you feel when that happens? Do you start to question the diet plan your on?

Well, I know I can answer “yes” to all these questions! The way I handled plateaus while losing my weight was to tell myself the scale will move again I just have to be patient. Sometimes though that isn't enough for people, so I recommended you go and get out the pictures of yourself before you started your diet plan and compare what you looked like then to how you look now.

It always amazes me how I could forget how fat I once was and out of shape. Another good plateau checker is go and put on your pants, either the ones you started out wearing or the ones you currently wear. I guarantee a smile will cross your face when you see and feel your achievements!

If your at a plateau, change your plan up a little bit. I would work out harder, for example, instead of 4 days a week at the gym, I added another day. Make sure your logging your food, or writing it down, so you can keep track of what your eating at all times.

You might find it interesting how an extra couple pieces of candy or another serving of crackers slipped in and pushed you over your daily limit for the day or two. That is why we write in our journals, so we can stay accountable to ourselves and to keep us fully aware of the pitfalls we might be running into. It certainly makes it easier to understand why I'm not losing if I'm not 100% every day, and how would I know that if I weren't tracking it?

So, get back to basics, I guarantee if you are giving it your 100%, your plateau will go bye-bye and you will have a big WOOSH on the scale.

~The Motivational Girl~

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to get my replies to you, please click on the "subscribe by email". Thanks for leaving a comment!