Sunday, March 28, 2010

Night Time Eating



I hear a lot about “emotional eating” from a lot of books I'm reading regarding weight loss. I try to have a opened mind on the topic, but I struggle with it.

I believe we all are a people that have daily routines whether it be for work, kids, family, or food. Eating was and still is a big part of my routine. Its hard to change that when you've lived that way all your life. However, since losing my weight my focus has changed a great deal.

Now, I eat on a strict regimen breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner and then evening snack. Since starting this schedule I've reset my mind into a new routine. It knows I AM going to eat every few hours, so it doesn't harass me all the time anymore about eating.

I'm not saying there aren't cases of emotional eating. What I am saying is if we retrain our minds in how we think it will help us stay on target and less binging at night. Yes, I still have urges to eat more of something than I should, but I don't have the urge to eat all the time and that is a true blessing. It allows my mind to focus on other things in life now, such as my health, managing my Type 1 Diabetes and exercising.

So, lets treat food like we would any other routine log it in your daily planner when your going to eat or join a journal online like the Daily Plate at www.Livestrong.com, but whatever you choose to do watch how it changes those urges. It really does get better over time.
~The Motivational Girl~

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to get my replies to you, please click on the "subscribe by email". Thanks for leaving a comment!